Search Film Reviews

Friday, December 23, 2011

Bellflower Review


Bellflower Review
2011, 106 minutes
Rated R for disturbing violence, some strong sexuality, nudity, pervasive language, and some drug use

Bellflower is the debut (and hopefully the last) film of writer/director/actor/co-producer Evan Glodell and is absolutely the worst film I have ever seen.  It follows the relationship between Woodrow (Glodell) and Milly (Jessie Wiseman) and Woodrow’s obsession with post-apocalyptic flamethrowers and cars.  This is going to be a very short review, as I don’t want to waste any more time thinking about this complete piece of garbage. 

I don’t even know where to begin with this movie’s problems.  The first I’ll start with is the story, which is pointless.  The relationship aspect of the film is very annoying as the only things the two lovers seem to say is “yeah, dude” and “rad.”   It never develops and nothing interesting happens.  The first chunk is boring enough.  Then comes the second part which is violent, disturbing, unpleasant, and nonsensical.  I literally could not follow the second part as it jumped in time and was told through a haze. 

The writing is so bad that I am confident that I could have written a better movie.  As mentioned above, the characters speak in a “yeah, dude” manner which gets old quickly.  The characters are too naïve and all they seem to do is lay around, have sex, get high, and drink.  Don’t they have to work?  What a mess!

Then comes the acting which is absolutely atrocious throughout, especially in the last half hour.  I won’t even elaborate more.

What I will say is that the look of the film is quite unique as Glodell built his own camera and lends the film a warm-colored grit.

Overall, Bellflower is a mess.  Don’t see it.  You will be a better person for following my advice.

0/4
-Joshua Handler
            

No comments:

Post a Comment