Search Film Reviews

Monday, November 12, 2012

If I Could Pick the Oscar Nominees...

MY PERSONAL OSCAR PICKS AS OF NOW

Fox Searchlight
As of now, I have seen almost all films getting major awards attention, save for Django Unchained, Zero Dark Thirty, The Impossible, The Hobbit, and Les Misérables and Rust and Bone.  Therefore, I decided that it would be fun to make an early list of films/people that I would nominate for Oscars before the societies and guilds release their award nominees and winners.  So, here it is: 

Best Picture:

Holy Motors (my review)
Skyfall (my review)
Silver Linings Playbook (review coming soon)
Moonrise Kingdom (my review)
Looper (my review)
Beasts of the Southern Wild (my review)
Amour (my review)
The Queen of Versailles (review coming soon)
West of Memphis (review coming soon)
Chicken With Plums (my review)
Fox Searchlight
Best Actor (I cannot decide on five):
John Hawkes for The Sessions (my review)
Bradley Cooper for Silver Linings Playbook
Daniel Day-Lewis for Lincoln (my review)
Denis Lavant for Holy Motors
Denzel Washington for Flight (my review)
Joaquin Phoenix for The Master (review coming soon)
Fox Searchlight
Best Actress:
Emmanuelle Riva for Amour
Quvenzhané Wallis for Beasts of the Southern Wild
Helen Hunt for The Sessions
Jennifer Lawrence for Silver Linings Playbook
Helen Mirren for Hitchcock (my review)

Best Director:
Pablo Larraín for No (my review)
Michael Haneke for Amour
Sam Mendes for Skyfall
Benh Zeitlin for Beasts of the Southern Wild
Leos Carax for Holy Motors

Best Supporting Actor:
Tommy Lee Jones for Lincoln
Javier Bardem for Skyfall
Robert De Niro for Silver Linings Playbook
Paul Giamatti for Cosmopolis (my review)
Matthew McConaughey for Magic Mike (my review)

Best Supporting Actress:
Judi Dench for Skyfall
Amy Adams for The Master
Gina Gershon for Killer Joe (no review available)
Emily Blunt for Looper
(No fifth choice)

Best Original Screenplay:
Amour
The Sessions
Looper
Moonrise Kingdom
Your Sister's Sister

Best Adapted Screenplay:
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Silver Linings Playbook
Chicken With Plums
No
Skyfall

No comments:

Post a Comment