Search Film Reviews

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Roboapocalypse Is Now Two Years Old!!!



Dear readers, friends, and everyone else who made this blog possible,

Today is Roboapocalypse's two-year anniversary!  Thank you so very much for supporting this blog since the beginning on June 30, 2011.  Roboapocalypse started simply as a place where I could review whatever movies I saw and cause some discussion along the way.  Now two years later, Roboapocalypse is thriving and is at many film festivals including Tribeca and New Directors/New Films.  As the editor of the site, I guarantee you that this blog will continue to give you informative and entertaining reviews of the latest independent and foreign films, along with some mainstream ones.  This blog is, and will always be, dedicated to getting the smaller films in the spotlight.  Even if one person goes to see a film because of this blog, I will have done my job.

As many of you have noticed, the number of films reviewed here has increased drastically over the past six months.  This is all because of the generous support of the Tribeca Film Festival, IFC Films, Breaking Glass Pictures, MoMA, Rooftop Films, RADiUS-TWC, The Weinstein Company, Roadside Attractions, Fox Searchlight Pictures, BAM, and the many publicity agencies that I work with who have shared their work with me.  Without these groups and companies, I would never be able to screen and review the films I do.  I also wanted to give a really big thank you to John Wildman at the Film Society of Lincoln Center.  Without his massive amount of support over the past few months, I wouldn't have been able to review half of the films that I have, or attend half of the film festivals that I have.

Thank you once again and happy viewing!

Joshua Handler

No comments:

Post a Comment